Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Too much political reporting on Ars?

Too much political reporting on Ars? 5 years 11 months ago #2929

HI,

Ars Technica's writers have always done a great job reporting on the ways technology affects our lives. In the last few months, though, Ars has published articles that are purely politics and have nothing to do with technology. If modern technology is even remotely related to a current event, then Ars absolutely should write about it. But if Ars' staff are just upset about an abortion law or the Trump's latest tweet, I think their articles should be submitted to a different site.I want to clarify that I am quite liberal and agree with most Ars writers' political reporting. Politically conservative Arsians have complained about this for months, just because they disagree with the authors' conclusions. For me, it's not that I disagree with the stories. It's that Ars should remain a technology, not politics, site. I would make the same complaint if Ars started reporting on the latest trends in fashion (unless it's wearable computing) or food (unless it's sous-vide).

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1368499
Creative marketing studio

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

National Lithuanian American Hall of Fame

708-302-2121

3731 Prairie Avenue #485   Brookfield, IL 60513